THE DIGITAL VERSION OF A WIND TUNNEL FOR AERODYNAMIC ANALYSIS
Tdyn WindTunnel is the easiest, simplest and fastest application for aerodynamic analysis, offering reliable results based on Tdyn CFD.
WHAT IS IT?
It is an adaptation of our robust and reliable Tdyn CFD application to perform exclusively aerodynamic analysis, with new algorithms that largely automate the arduous preparation process that characterises this type of simulations.
WHAT IS THE ADDITIONAL VALUE?
Its simplicity, both in appearance and user experience, enables users to launch simulation calculations in under 1 minute. With just 3 simple steps, it is possible to obtain a simulation:
- Import geometry. Geometry can be designed with any CAD application that allows export to IGES format. In addition, Compass has implemented a plugin for Rhinoceros that allows exporting the geometry developed in this design application and importing it to Wind Tunnel.
- Defining wind speed and symmetries
- Launching the calculation
WHO IS IT INTENDED FOR?
For anyone who, without being a CFD expert, can benefit from an aerodynamic analysis, for example:
- Structural engineers will be able to determine the wind loads.
- Architects and urban designers will be able to assess draughts and comfort.
- Designers of cars, motorbikes and other vehicles will be able to estimate the aerodynamic coefficient.
- Teachers in the area of fluids will be able to provide students with specific didactic content.
And also for CFD experts looking to reduce the time and effort required for pre-processing and various common post-processing tasks, while minimising the associated errors.
- Solver: Tdyn CFD 16 version
- The ability to rotate and apply symmetries to the imported geometry is provided.
- Automatic domain generation based on the dimensions of the imported model.
- Automatic definition of mesh size according to the quality required by the user.
- Turbulence models: Spalart-Allmaras.
- Boundary layer model: Wall law.
- Automatic definition of time step and number of steps.
- Automatic generation of streamlines and cutting planes.
- Quick results viewer.
DOWNLOAD tdyn wind tunnel
The purpose of this plugin is to make it easier for regular Rhinoceros users to export geometry created using this CAD application to the Wind Tunnel application.
COMPASS has implemented a complete tool and service for the design, verification and optimization of constructive projects, incorporating Industry 4.0 computational technology.
Based in Tdyn CFD+HT, the Leading CFD solver technology. Robust, agile and optimized algorythm. Highly reliable and accurate.