FLUIDS Dynamics simulation
COMPASS has developed
a complete engineering software for
solving and simulating fluid flow problems (computational fluid dynamics – cfd), porous media flow, heat transfer and multiphysics.
Leading finite calculus (FIC-FEM) solver technology.
Robust, agile and optimized algorythm.
Highly reliable and accurate.
Tdyn Fluid Dynamics Package (Tdyn CFD+HT)offers six modules which can be integrated and coupled to achieve complex simulations.
3D FLOWS SOLVER
Features the latest technology for solving real fluid flows in 3D (transient or steady), including turbulence effects. The different fluid models allow solving the full range of fluid dynamics problems, including porous media flows.
Offers an advanced solution to solve complex forced, natural, and mixed convection heat transfer in fluids and conduction in solids. Heat transfer module includes a conjugated heat transfer solver, including contact conditions with resistance effects.
TRANSPORT OF SUBSTANCES
Allows solving problems concerning the advection/diffusion of mass/species in fluids, including reactive effects. It is also able to solve species diffusion problems in solids (Fick’s law).
Iincludes two advanced algorithms for solving problems with free surface, offering the most reliable solution for every free-surface analysis.
Offers several mesh updating strategies: prescribed and free bodies movement with automatic mesh updating, explicit mesh movement via user functions and combinations of these strategies.
CUSTOM PROBLEM SOLVER
ExtendS the capabilities of Tdyn CFD+HT by offering different utilities for creating and solving new user defined problems, described by partial differential equations (PDE).
- 3D, 2D and axi-symmetry FIC-FEM Reynolds equations solvers
- Fluid models: fully compressible, slightly compressible, barotropic, incompressible ideal gas, ideal gas
- Advanced structured and unstructures mehsers, including boundary layer mesh generation
- Different RNAS, ILES (IMplicit Large Eddy Simulation) and DES (Detached Eddy Simulation) turbulence models
- Convetion-conduction (fluids) and conduction (soldis) heat transfer solvers
- Coupled fluid-solid heat transfer (conjugate heat transfer technology)
- Free surface (ODDLS and transpiration) solvers
- Space varying, transient and advanced boundary conditions
- Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian (ALE) solver for moving meshes
- Mesh updating: prescribed/free bodies movement, explicit and combinations of these strategies
- Generic user-defined PDE solver
- Advection/diffusion of mass/species in fluids and solids
- Scripting programming interface based in TCL-Tk
- Cutting-edge GPU accelerated and parallel CPU-SMP iterative solvers
THIS SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY CAN BE APPLIED IN THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS, AMONG OTHERS:
- Ship hulls’ hidrodinamics
- Performance study of oceaninc renewable energy devices
- Aerodynaimcs of buildings and urban areas
- Electronic devices cooling
- Flow in fans, filters, coolers, and pumps
- Comfort and ventilation assessment
TAKE TDYN SOFTWARE TO THE LIMIT!
We offer different support possibilities so that you can extract the maximum power of Tdyn: