Tdyn SeaFEM, software for the analysis of the effect of
waves, wind and currents
Tdyn SeaFEM offers a state of the art solver developed for the most realistic seakeeping simulations of 3D multi-body radiation and diffraction problems, by solving potential flow equations in the time domain, using the finite element method on unstructured meshes. SeaFEM features the latest technology for solving first and second order diffraction-radiation equations with real sea spectra.
Tdyn SeaFEM has been developed in collaboration with International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering and is completely integrated in the comprehensive simulation environment, Tdyn, developed by Compass.
Potential flow equations in time domain.
Finite elements MEthods with non-structured meshes.
Solving diffraction-radiation equations for real sea conditions.
Tdyn SeaFEM features include:
Tdyn SeaFEM features unique capabilities for global performance analysis of moored and/or connected systems subject to random sea states. It includes built-in multi-segment quasi-static elastic-catenary and FEM dynamic cable models for the most realistic analyses of mooring systems.
Tdyn SeaFEM’s multi-body functionality offers a rich range of connections between bodies, including rotation, line and plane constraints, rotation and translation links, and rigid body, ball, revolute, cylindrical and prismatic joints.
Tdyn SeaFEM allows seamless communication of the hydrodynamic forces to the structure.
Furthermore, a unique hydroelasticity analysis GUI allows performing structure-waves interaction studies for strength assessment of the design. This capability is powered by the cutting-edge FEM technology available in Tdyn’s structural solver, Tdyn RamSeries
Thanks to its advanced pre-processing capabilities, based on Tdyn suite’s GUI, SeaFEM can easily model complex geometric structures with a best-in-class model preparation time.
Additionally, Tdyn SeaFEM can import standard CAD files, and has direct connection with some popular CAD packages.
Tdyn SeaFEM offers a wealth of intuitive visualization capabilities, delivering a flexible way for analyzing the results, and driving faster decisions with confidence.
- FEM direct time domain multi-body wave diffraction – radiation solver
- BEM frequency domain multi-body linear wave diffraction – radiation solver
- Real forward speed with stream-line and SUPG integration
- Seakeeping, towing, maneuvering, extinction tests and RAOs
- Nonlinear hydrodynamics, drift effects and transom stern flows
- 1st order Stokes regular and spectral waves, including user defined spectrum
- Bathymetry: constant or infinite depth, and irregular seabed
- User-defined external forces and physical connections
- Build-in multi-segment quasi-static catenary mooring model
- Cutting-edge direct sparse and deflated CG solvers. CUDA GPU acceleration available
- Advanced Tcl programming interface
- 2nd order Stokes regular and spectral waves, including user defined spectrum
- Hydro-elasticity solver for strength and fatigue assessment
- Drag, added mass, friction and lift forces on slender elements using Morison formula
- Multi-segment dynamic FEM cable mooring model
- Simulink® interface (coming soon)
THIS SIMULATION TECHNOLOGY CAN BE APPLIED IN THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS, AMONG OTHERS:
- Seakeeping and operationl studies of marine and oceanic structures
- Maneuverability studies
- Seakeeping and operational studies of ships, semisubmersible and TLP platforms
- FPSO systems
- Off-shore wind turbines, and oceanic energy harvesting devices
Tdyn SeaFEM is part of the simulation suite Tdyn, a most complete set of tools for simulation and analysis which allows to give answer to almost any multiphysics simulation needs in engineering.
TAKE TDYN SOFTWARE TO THE LIMIT!
We offer different support possibilities so that you can extract the maximum power of Tdyn: